Here are the rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1-Thank the person that nominated you.
2-Answer the questions from your nominator.
3-Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
4-Give them the 10 questions to answer.
5- Include the rules.
The questions Suzanne gave me are:
1. What is your favorite chore? Least favorite?
My favorite chore is doing laundry. Probably because I throw it in the machine and the machine does the work. :) But I love hanging clothes on the line and the machine doesn't do that. My least favorite chore is doing dishes. Thankfully my husband does them several times a week.
2. What is the funniest comment you have received on your blog?
Ummm, I don't know. I can't think of any.
3. If you were a season, which season would you be?
I like to think I would be summer. I just love long summer evenings, sitting on the porch with family. I think I would be summer because it is slow and purposeful and all about family, which is very important to me.
4. What is your most viewed blog post?
Huh. Well, this has helped me learn something new about blogger! I found out how to find my most viewed post. It was called Facts about Niger. I wrote it December 6, 2010 and it got not a single comment, but it has received the most number of views.
5. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since April 5 2006 and have posted 734 times.
Daniel means "God is my judge". Daniel is one of the few Old Testament characters who does not have anything negative recorded about him. In all of his dealings he was upright and just and sought to honor God. We wanted our Daniel to be a man like the biblical Daniel who stands for God no matter what and who truly believes that God is his judge. His middle name is "John" and he is named after his father.
Suzanne's name means "graceful lily". Suzanne really is a graceful lily, don't you think? But we chose her name because we thought it was pretty and it works in French or English, though we ended up sticking with the French pronunciation which is really beautiful. But the main reason for choosing Suzanne is that she is one of the women who followed Jesus and took care of him out of her means. While Jesus had no where to lay his head, Suzanne was one of the women who probably cooked for him and cared for him in practical ways. We wanted our Suzanne to be a woman who followed Jesus and would serve him in practical ways. Her middle name is Esther which means "star". But we chose her name not for its meaning as much as that we wanted her to be like Esther in the Bible who was asked to do a difficult thing for the good of her people. She was put there "for such a time as this" and it has been and continues to be our prayer that Suzanne Esther will serve Jesus even in difficult times.
7. What is your favorite childhood memories? I had a fairly happy childhood, so it's hard to choose one. I think my happiest, though, revolve around playing with cousins and being at family gatherings (I told you family is important to me!). Or how about the time we spent three days touring London? (I'm the blonde.) That was fun. I just really had a happy childhood!
8. What are your three favorite blogs to follow?
1. Well, The Glorious Mundane for sure!
2. He's not a frequent blogger, but when he does blog, my colleague Nate does an excellent job of respectfully describing Nigerien culture. He blogs at The Bearded Sage.
3. I love the photography on Kids Were Here.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to Washington DC. Look how skinny we were! (This picture was actually taken a day or two before our wedding at my Grandpa's house. He had moved to a nursing home and we rented his house from him for our first six months of married life.)
10. What is one pet peeve of yours? I really, really hate it when people make a lot of noise when they eat. I tell myself they can't help it. But I just really hate it.
Cathy at African Sand in Our Shoes
Beth at The Bee in Beth's Bonnet
Richelle at Our Wrighting Pad
And your 10 questions are:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What is the best thing that happened to you today?
3. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
4. If your house was on fire, what three things would you grab on your way out the door? (Other than your children!)
5. What are you most afraid of?
6. What is your love language? If you don't know, what one thing says "love" to you more than anything else?
7. What is the predominant color in your house?
8. What energizes you?
9. Which make-up item do you always put on (mascara, eye liner, lipstick, etc.)?
10. What is the book you are currently reading or have just finished?
Now it's your turn! And if I didn't nominate you, but you're a blogger reading this, please play along. Or if you don't blog, copy and paste the questions into my facebook status and answer them there (or on your own wall). I'd love to know the answers to these questions.