Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Stir Fried Cabbage

Today I've been beyond exhausted.  So I made the quickest easiest meal I could think of.  I'm also trying to use up stuff in my fridge so it's nearly empty when we go on vacation.  And I sat down at the table and took out my camera to take a picture of our dinner and then totally forgot to take any pictures.  So, today, no picture.

This is another one of those meals that I don't have a recipe for and I don't think there's any really right or wrong way to make it.  I fried up some hamburger with onions and garlic.  You can never have too much garlic!  Sometimes I'll add in fresh grated ginger and sesame seeds.  Then I stirred in thin-sliced strips of cabbage, added salt, pepper, and paprika and sprinkled on some soy sauce.  Meanwhile rice was cooking and voila! in 15 minutes we were ready to eat.  I do the same with zucchini or green beans.  It's a quick, nutritious meal and you could also experiment with different kinds of meat or with no meat at all.  I usually add hot pepper sauce to mine, but John doesn't like his food to spicy, so I don't put the hot pepper in while cooking.  But you could if the whole family likes spicy.

1 comment:

Living on Less Money Blog said...

I love sauteed cabbage. I make a similar type meal that is called, Crack Slaw. It has sesame oil which is pricey but I love the stuff. I always add a full head of cabbage to make a larger recipe.