Thursday, October 13, 2016

Oven-baked Chicken

Tonight we once again had quick and easy! :)  Of course.

This recipe is called Oven Baked Chicken and originally came from the More with Less Cookbook.  But I don't even use the recipe anymore, it's that simple.



First, in a plastic bag put about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, then add seasonings you like.  Today I used salt, pepper, paprika, dill, seasoned salt, and "garlic and herbs".  Dip the chicken pieces in milk (I used soy milk), then put the pieces in the bag of breadcrumbs and shake the pieces until they are coated.  Lay the pieces in a slightly oiled pan and bake about 60 minutes.  Or do like I did, and put the pieces in the crock pot.  Mine cooked all afternoon (well, when the power wasn't off) and was delicious.  I served it with buttered rice, but often I'll put potatoes in the crock pot at the same time and bake potatoes.  We had a 
can of beets for our vegetables.  



And the power went off, so we ate by candlelight.  Sorry, the meal doesn't look like much in this lighting!  And yes, that would be me serving dinner by putting the saucepans on the table.  Ain't nobody got time to wash extra serving bowls!

1 comment:

Watt's Happenings said...

I used crushed corn flakes and seasoned it with Italian seasoning. The kids still prefer my oven baked chicken over store bought or KFC!