Thursday, February 18, 2016

Favorite Pinterest Pins


Today I'm linking up over at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday (and yes, I know it's Thursday!). 

I have this memory from when I was about seven years old.  That was a VERY long time ago, so I'm not sure how accurate it was.  But as I remember it, my Grandpa and Grandma Gay came to visit.  After they'd been with us maybe a day or two, Grandma gave my sister and I (maybe my brother, but as he was five years older, I doubt he would have been interested in this activity) a scrapbook and she had a box with old magazines and pictures in it.  We cut and pasted our favorite pictures into a scrapbook.  So maybe my Grandma invented Pinterest. :)

Later, as an adult, a friend showed me a notebook she kept with pictures from magazines glued into it....pictures of re-decorating ideas, photography ideas, etc.  I loved it so much, I started my own.

At any rate, when somebody first told me about Pinterest and I saw what you could do with it, it took me back to gluing pictures into a scrapbook with Grandma. And it replaced my adult-years scrapbook as well.  I love Pinterest, but I use it as much to just collect pictures as much as for anything.  

And I have actually made some things I discovered on or pinned to Pinterest.  Most recently I followed this pin to make skirts for my grand-daughter and grand-foster-baby.  The tutorial for these skirts can be found at http://punkinpatterns.com/blog/2012/01/easy-peasy-skirts.html

easy-peasy skirts:

I also discovered directions for making fabric flowers here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/08/full-and-textured-fabric-flowers.html.  Her directions show to use a sewing machine, but my machine is too wimpy to sew through multiple layers, so I sewed by hand and it worked great.

full and textured flowers tutorial:

Here is the skirt and headband I made.  I can't show pictures of the foster baby, but hers was cute, too!
Flower headband I made:

We live in Africa and have a rather limited choice on ice cream and frozen yogurt at the store, so I make my own (without a churn). I found this recipe on Pinterest.  Homemade Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt -:  

I can tell you, it's delicious!  Go to http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/cookies-cream-frozen-yogurt/ for the recipe.

I like to pin art with Bible verses on it....I'm a visual learner, so this helps me remember Scripture better.  This pin isn't exactly a verse, but the thought comes from II Corinthians 10:5.  This is a great reminder for me!  

Don't believe everything you think. 2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish ...:

I have 76 boards on my Pinterest account. I won't bore you by listing them all. And I'm not looking for followers....I just love having a virtual scrapbook!

No comments: