Saturday, September 14, 2013

Remaking a Lampshade

We've had a little table lamp for a long time.  The shade that came with it broke once and we had somebody sew it together again.  When it broke a second time I figured it was beyond repair, but hoped to figure out a way to remake it, so I tossed it in the store room where it's been gathering dust for over a year. I just used it with the bare light bulb.

Then I saw this lampshade on Pinterest and thought, "I could do that!". (the website is hereMy shade only had a ring at the top and one at the bottom without the supporting wires in between.  So I just tied the torn strips of cloth between the top and bottom rings.


 The only thing is, is that the bottom ring has a larger circumference than the bottom ring, so it's not as filled in as I would have liked.

It softens the glare from the naked bulb and goes with my new quilt, so I'm happy with it.  Best of all, it took about 20 minutes to make.


No comments: