Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Catching My Attention

Now that I have a little more free time and a lot better internet, I've been able to explore the internet a bit more.  Here are some links to other websites I've found interesting.

John and I were listening to the CBS Saturday morning show while I was ironing.  They featured a group called Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers.  
While I don't necessarily endorse all their content, I love their sound.  They don't do any stage theatrics, but you don't need them.  Indeed, theatrics would only detract from their vocal harmonies and amazing instrumentalists.  While they're on the road, they have jam sessions in the van which they've recorded.  Click here to check out some of their van sessions. 

I think this commercial is adorable and I laughed right out loud when I saw it.  It's difficult for me to believe that General Mills had to disable the comments section because of the rude remarks they got on it.  America claims to be unbiased and tolerant, but apparently not.  (And then I feel intolerant towards intolerant people.)

Can't wait for summer vacation?  And then it's not long before the "I'm bored"s start up.  As a parent, what can you do about it and how can you keep from going crazy?  Here is your summer survival guide.

Ann Voskamp blogs at A Holy Experience, a favorite of mine.  I found her blog, 7 Things to Know When You're Overwhelmed, especially helpful.  OK, I can't remember what the seven things were, but I came away with a better understanding of what "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" means.  


My daughter, Suzanne, is a great blogger, and I don't think I'm saying that just because she's my daughter.
She often challenges me to be a better person with her honesty and her heart to seek after God.  Her post entitled #NoFilter is a case in point.

What's with all the good-byes and constant re-adjusting in the missionary life?  Some times it's just hard.  My friend Richelle blogged about this at Missionary Mom's Companion.  Another blog I could relate to as both a TCK and a mother of TCKs is at Djibouti Jones, an article entitled A Third Culture Kid Talks about Raising Third Culture Kids.

I love the photography at Kids Were Here, a blog of photos giving evidence that kids live in this house.

And one more, just because it's so cute!  A dad and his little boy do a rendition of a Beatles song.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That Beatles video is too cute!