Thursday, March 28, 2013

Continuing the Picture a Day Experiment

I had planned to do this post last Saturday, but it didn't happen.  I need to get this up before it's time to post this week's pictures!
March 18:  We've had a couple of teams/individuals who have started the work of restoring our two campuses from the flood damage.  While they were at it, they decided to replace/raise the roof on one of the buildings.  Here's part of the ceiling, coming down in a cloud of dust.


March 19:  Every Tuesday we have morning tea or coffee break....what you call it depends on what part of the world you are from!  It was my turn to bring the cake, so I made a spice cake with brown sugar frosting and Easter-colored sprinkles.

 March 20:  John was preparing to head off to England.  He'd had a stressful week and was taking some time to decompress by playing the piano.  I never tire of hearing him play.


March 21:  John's suitcase packed and waiting by the door.  He's off to England for his yearly required time on site for his doctoral studies.


March 22:  There were guys on the cell tower several times this week.  It was fascinating to watch them move around while not even wearing safety harnesses.  Kind of scary!

 March 23:  Time for some spring cleaning.  I like to do this kind of work while John is gone.  For one thing, I don't have to ask him to move when he's in my way and for another, he's allergic to dust.  Another reason is that I can eat whenever I feel like it and don't have to interrupt what I'm doing to fix a meal.


March 24:  I love poking around on Pinterest, but I seldom pin anything to do with food. Cooking is not something I do to relax!  However, I saw this recipe and just had to try it.  Wow, is it delicious.  I get a lot of fruit, it's completely fat free because I use skim milk, and it's cold and refreshing.  It's perfect for these days when it's 108 in the shade!  You can find the recipe here.

No comments: