Saturday, January 05, 2013

January photo challenge


Suzanne, at Darza go Irikoy gaa, invited me to join her in a January photo challenge.  I thought I'd give it a try.  Of course, I'm already several days behind and heading into a busy five days with conference so we'll see how I keep up.  


Well, day 3 is "organized". I've spent a lot of time in the past two months and enormous amounts of time in the past three days helping to organize things for conference.  My cell phone takes terrible pictures but I didn't have my real camera at the office.  I want to give you an idea of the work the ladies at the office put in to collating 130 song books for conference.  Because of the size, shape, and window situation of our meeting room and because many of our sessions will be outside during the day, we aren't doing power points for singing.  So we made a book instead.  

So many people have worked hard to organize conference.....it's a lot of work to organize a 4 1/2 day event for about 260 people! You'd be surprised at the details especially since we can't have it at our usual locale.

Day 4 was bright, but I took the picture for bright today.  We had the opening session of our conference today at an outdoor amphitheater.  I love this place with the big stately trees and view of the river.  The sun was beginning its downward journey as we worshiped in song together, casting a bright light on us.  


And today's picture is early.  We got up around 7 this morning.  Which isn't that early, but I guess it's early for a Saturday.  My favorite part about any Saturday morning, early or not, is that John makes pancakes!

2 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

My very first SIM Niger conference was at that amphitheatre. The outdoor setting is beautiful in the cool weather. I've been praying that it would be an encouraging and renewing time!