Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Heading into 2013

It's been nice to have nine days off (counting weekends).  I've done some work during that time, but it was nice to get up when I wanted, go to bed when I wanted, ignore it all if I wanted.  Basically I did enough to keep my in-box from getting out of control.

Today I tried to intentionally do things I wanted to do knowing that tomorrow I head back to the office.  So I slept in a bit, then brought my breakfast and my devos to bed.  I spent a long time looking over the past year, making some goals for 2013, and just reading my Bible and praying.  

I looked at Pinterest, something I've had time to do in the past week that I haven't had much time for since the flood.

I took down all the Christmas decorations and did a load of laundry.  OK, that was work.

I started a book on my Kindle called Missionary: An Unexpected Journey of Following God's Call to the Other Side of the World by Christopher Marco.  It's a great book and it was offered one day for free on Kindle!

So,about the Kindle... Remember the $100 Amazon gift card I won?  I decided to use it to buy a Kindle.  A kind-hearted traveler brought it to me from the USA, so today I made a case for it.  I made it like an envelope so that no part of the Kindle is exposed to the dust. The dust here permeates everything and is especially hard on electronics. I also put cardboard in it to make it heavier and more protected.  I can see parts of it that aren't as perfect as I like (I'm blaming it on my sewing machine, which, after using Suzanne's I realize leaves a lot to be desired!), but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out.

We had dinner with the neighbors so I didn't have to cook!  

Now it's off to bed since I need to get back in the routine of getting up at 5:15 to make it to the office by 7:30!

1 comment:

Beka said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Love your kindle cover!