Sunday, December 23, 2012

Scarf


I'm sure whoever dreamt up this photo challenge was thinking winter scarves that you wrap around your neck.  However, the kind of scarf I usually wear is a head scarf.  Here, a head scarf is part of a well-dressed woman's wardrobe.  Here in the city married women often don't wear scarves, but in smaller towns married women pretty much wouldn't leave home without one.  I struggle with scarves.....I can't tie them right and they fall off my head.  On the other hand, if you're having a bad hair day, it really doesn't matter.  Today was church and it was chilly outside, so I was wearing both a head scarf and the bigger shawl-thing that can be wrapped around the head or draped over the shoulders.

1 comment:

podso said...

Nice picture! I love the cloth! And have a nice Christmas!