Sunday, December 09, 2012

December photo challenge

Suzanne pinned on Pinterest a photo challenge for December.  I decided to try this to give you an idea of Christmas in Niger.  It's already December 9 so I'll double up on photos for a few days.  Some of these will be challenging to get as they are concepts rather than things.


Day 8 was Ornaments.  We have a VERY small tree, so we don't have a lot of ornaments.  I got "my 1st Christmas" ornaments for Daniel and Suzanne, but have never gotten one for each year.   So I don't have many ornaments that are sentimental to me. This one is, though, because it was given to me by my friend, Waltraud.  Waltraud was from Germany and she gave this to me one Christmas.  She then moved to Benin so we didn't see each other much after that.  One year she was visiting here in Niger and we spent a little time together.  Then she headed back to Benin and within a week the Lord took her home.  She did not go through a prolonged illness....I think it was something to do with her heart.  So, not only is this a pretty little angel, but it also reminds me of Waltraud.


Day 9...Something You're Reading.  I'm always reading something.  I just finished Crazy Love by Francis Chan (highly recommended) and an autobiography by Kay Washer, also highly recommended.  Now it's time for some light reading, so this is what I'm reading. 

No comments: