Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Won!

Thursday morning when I got up, I had an email message and a Facebook post from my friend Beth at The Bee in Beth's Bonnet.  She told me to hurry over to Missionary Blog Watch because I might win something!

I looked and come to find out, my blog and four others were being featured.  If I was the first blogger of the five to respond, I'd win a $50.00 Amazon gift card.  I thought it was a little too good to be true, but it wouldn't hurt to try!

Later in the day I had an email with an Amazon gift card attached!  That I won was a surprise, but the even bigger surprise was that it was actually a $100 gift card.  Wow!  That really made my day, I can tell you.

Why was the blogger behind Missionary Blog Watch giving away a gift card?  "Because today is World Mental Health Day.  And I think a new read for a missionary would certainly promote mental health."  I had to chuckle at that.  I have had a lot of stress the past two months, so he's right.  A good book is always a good cure!

I want to get The Land Between:  Finding God in Difficult Transitions by Jeff Manion.

Any other suggestions of good books I should definitely read?

1 comment:

Katie Barker said...

I keep checking to see if anyone is suggesting something. . . I guess I should be the first then - but I don't know what to say! haha. I'll have to go back and think about it more. You always pick such good books though I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Did you order anything yet? You probably don't have to use the whole code at once either - usually it will just deduct the amount used.