Thursday, May 10, 2012

We Will Shout for Joy When You Are Victorious

Saturday was Theo's graduation from Cedarville University. 

The ceremony was nice with Franklin Graham as the keynote speaker.  What he said was really good, but he only spoke for seven minutes, so I personally felt a little let down.  I guess short is better than way too long anyway.







Theo's dad, mom, two brothers, a sister-in-law, nephew, niece, Suzanne, Suzanne's uncle (my BIL), and I were all there to watch his big moment.  We were so far back that I don't really have a good picture of receiving his diploma.  His aunt teaches at Cedarville, so she is also in these pictures.

Afterwards, the leaders of the Discipleship Council that Suzanne served on this past year, opened their home to all the graduating seniors and their families.  This picture was taken of this year's DC with their special friends, as well as some members of last year's DC.  I was taking to one girl who didn't seem to know Suzanne very well.  I thought it was really strange because they've grown very close as a group.  Later when I was talking to Suzanne, I found out she was in last year's group.  No wonder she seemed so clueless!


I love these celebratory verses from Psalm 20:  "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.  We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.  May the Lord grant all your requests....  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

No comments: