Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Day 15, a Silhouette


Here in West Africa the moon is really bright.  This is a picture of a tree and the corner of our house silhouetted against the setting moon.  Even though it was not full and was setting, it was still bright.  When the moon is full, you have no need for a flashlight.  I have even read outside by the light of the moon.  When we lived in the village and slept outside we would have a hard time falling asleep because it felt like somebody had left the light on.  I like how you can actually see the stars in these pictures. The green light at the bottom center of this picture is the neighbor's porch light....not sure why it looks green, though.  And yes, I usually get up while it is still dark out.  This picture was taken around 5:30 a.m.  And yes, I also take a nap later in the day! :)

1 comment:

pugener said...

Aunt Nancy! I love that you are doing this photo challenge. I always look forward to seeing your pictures and you outdid yourself today! These are amazing! It's hard to take pictures of the moon, but you got a great moon shot WITH stars. Beautiful!