Saturday, November 05, 2011

3 Day Photo Challenge, Day 5, From a High Angle

I love my kitchen!  It's a bit on the small side, but for a small kitchen I have a lot of cupboard space.  I love that it's got red touches to it.  I'm pretty sure John loves that good meals get cooked in it.  I love that John helps me wash dishes! :)  

The challenge for today is a picture taken from a high angle.  So here is my kitchen taken with me standing on one of the kitchen counters.

A while back I did a blog asking your opinion on several pictures or posters that I liked as possibilities for my kitchen.  The thing is, I wasn't really crazy about any of them.  So I ended up using Photoshop to put a verse on one of my own pictures which I then ordered from Snapfish as a really nice canvas print with a frame. It says "Those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.  Proverbs 11:25".  As part of my ministry, I provide a lot of hospitality. (For example....in one of the pots on the stove I was preparing something for having guests for supper and in the other pot was something for a team coming in early Monday morning.)  Most of the time I enjoy it, but sometimes it gets to be a bit much especially since spending time in the kitchen isn't something I do just for the fun of it (even though I DO love my red kitchen!).  So this verse, hanging over my stove where I spend a lot of time, reminds me that providing a meal, sharing a good conversation, encouraging somebody who isn't sure what they're doing here are all parts of refreshing others.  And as I refresh others, I will myself be refreshed.

1 comment:

Dusty Penguin said...

I wondered what you ended up with for above the stove! White and red Corelle dishes were on sale yesterday. Wish I had some way to get them to you. Not the nicer ones, but not bad...