Friday, April 22, 2011

The Colors of Spring

I LOVE spring!  I think it's because I don't really like winter.  I think snow storms are fun and snow is beautiful.  But I get so tired of the short, dark days and the cold.  So when spring comes with its warmer, longer, brighter days, I feel like I've been given new life.

I love how spring and Easter come at the same time.  It's easy to think Easter is all about the pretty spring colors, candy, bunnies, and Easter eggs.  But it's Christ's resurrection from the dead.  It's new life....new life for the plants around us, but more importantly, new life for all who put their trust in Jesus.

Last Sunday I went for a walk on the campus and these are some of the pictures I took that show the colors of spring.....purple, pink, coral, red, yellow, not to mention all the shades of green.

That's why I love spring!


 This weekend I want to focus on leaving behind my old, dead life and concentrate on living a new life.  "Create in me a pure heart, oh Lord, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."  The word "create" here is the same word used of creation at the beginning of time.  It is starting from nothing.  So God does not even have to fix up the mess of my life...he starts fresh from nothing.  It is a brand new thing He does in my life.  Hallelujah!  Have a blessed Easter! 

1 comment:

podso said...

Your pictures are lovely.

He is risen!