Monday, June 14, 2010

Driving to JFK

Last week John came back from England.
Daniel, Suzanne, and I went to pick him up from the airport.  That sounds simple, but it's not.  It's not because it involves driving through the New York City area.  That involves much heavier traffic than we are used to.  Complicated by the fact that we don't really know where we're going.  
Daniel drove and he did a superb job.  We only got upset at each other once.  A stress-induced misunderstanding. 
The George Washington Bridge.


The Whitestone Bridge.


A tunnel.


So, we survived the trip.  We actually made good time....we left here around 11:30 a.m. and were back by 6:30 p.m.  We said it felt weird to have spent half the day in the car and arrive back at the same destination.


But it sure is good to have John home!!! :)


As for the dishes....Well, my favorite is the red berries, but I can't afford them (but I CAN dream)!  My least favorite are the rooster ones.  So, I'm not sure what I'll end up getting.  The red blossom and Medallian ones at Target are nice, but more than I want to pay, too.  So, probably it will be the Urban Red by Corelle, unless I find something else cheap that I like more.  I saw some Melamine ones I really liked,
but a set of them ended up costing more than Corelle.  But if I like them better and they aren't that much more, maybe I'll get them anyway.  They also had white plates and it looked pretty to match the red and white. 

3 comments:

podso said...

Glad you made it there and back (and that John arrived safely). That is no picnic or small feat that you accomplished. Great photos. Nice to see the GWB (which was in my window view when I was in nsg school in NYC). Enjoy being together again!

Living on Less Money said...

I know you're thankful that John is home safe! Home is not the same when our hubby's are gone.

Have you thought of having the children or relatives 'donate' to your plate cause when you have a birthday,etc.? I'm saving for a pair of shoes now and that is where my birthday fund is going. :-)

Deborah said...

We used to drive over the George Washington Bridge everyday going to school and back when I was a kid! Your photo brought back lots of memories!! (my mom used to refer to the Long Island Expressway as The Worlds Largest Parking Lot!)