Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone already. Daniel and Suzanne and Daniel's friend, J.R., came home on Wednesday. They got here a bit late due to some adventures along the way. After a quick supper, we all got into our car and headed off for CT, arriving there around midnight.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Tim and Laurie's house. There were a lot of people (three tables)....
















Lots of pie (13 for 26 people, plus some to-die-for chocolate/peanut butter concoction)
A lot of laying around on the floor because we were too full to move....

A lot of singing, silliness, and game playing....
Christmas, as wonderful as it is, involves a certain amount of trying to please, lots of expense, and a certain amount of stress because you feel like you have to buy a gift for everybody. But Thanksgiving is all about family, food, and fun.

And what am I thankful for this year?

God's goodness and His sovereignty. He knows what He is doing all the time and He is good all the time. I'm in good hands!

John. He is the best husband ever.

Daniel. He is the best son ever and I am proud of the way he is maturing.

Suzanne. She is the best daughter ever. I love her spirit and her heart for God.

My parents and my brother and sister. Also the best ever.

Good health.

100% support this past fiscal year. On paper we are not 100% supported, but all of our support came in.

A warm place to live in a quiet, peaceful environment.

Great colleagues that I work with in Niger.

That God has chosen to heal Suzanne of her asthma and Daniel of his epilepsy.

Grace Bible Church.....and for all our supporting churches.

Internet that works well.

A reliable car.

Even difficult times that make me grow stronger.

That God's love endures forever.

I'm sure I could go on and on! Some times I gripe and complain and you'd think I don't have anything to be thankful for. But I am always reminded: "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

3 comments:

Dusty Penguin said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and thank you for sharing all the blessings that you are thankful for.

Beka said...

did you really have to show the picture of the cherry pie? no fair! glad you had a great thanksgiving. we are thankful for you! :)

Hannatu said...

THE cherry pie? There were several!