Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas celebrations

We've had a really nice Christmas. As you can see from my previous post, we've had some special meals. On the 23rd I made curry with all the toppings. After supper we made Christmas cookies and played Dutch Blitz.
On the 24th I made dough for dinner rolls and for sticky buns and I made a pie. For supper we had special finger foods after attending the Christmas Eve service at church. We ate supper while watching "It's a Wonderful Life". Christmas morning started with remembering the reason for Christmas. Next on the agenda was opening the gifts. I think everybody was pretty happy with their gifts! Daniel and Suzanne were especially happy with their new Sambas....special soccer shoes. The rest of the day was spent just chilling out, waiting for the turkey to cook. After eating we went over to our friends' house to play games and enjoy the evening with them.

If I haven't had a chance to tell you yet, Merry Christmas! God bless you in the coming new year.

5 comments:

podso said...

I love that top photo! And the ravioli post is inspiring!

podso said...

Yes you know me .... think intercom ... John was in "the gardener's" office not too many weeks ago. :-)

Happy New Year. Looks like you are enjoying your time at home!

Georgene said...

How long will you be in the states Nancy?

Lauren said...

Yes, that top photo is spectacular!

Dusty Penguin said...

Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas. I mentioned curry, but my family doesn't have the same passion for it that we kids do.