Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chai Mix

Suzanne drinks gallons of chai latte. It is her favorite comfort drink. There is nothing like it when it is cold. Many of you asked for my chai mix recipe, so here it is. This is not original with me, by the way. I got it off the internet and it tastes just like Mystic Chai.
(The photo is not mine...I got it off the internet!)

Chai Tea Mix (Makes 18-20 cups)
  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
  • 2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 2 cups French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
  • 5 cups white sugar
  • 3 cups unsweetened instant tea
  • 4 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp finely ground white pepper (optional. I never put this in)
Combine ingredients. Stir in spices.
In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
To serve: Stir 2 heaping Tablespoons Chai Tea mix into mug of hot water.

The most difficult part of the recipe is finding unsweeted ice tea mix that doesn't have lemon flavor in it. I have found one store in our area that has this kind of mix!

Enjoy. It's the ultimate comfort drink on a cold night!

4 comments:

Susan said...

My dad loves his chai tea lattes. I think I will make him some of your mix for his Christmas present. Thank you for helping me find a gift for the most difficult person!

Katie Barker said...

Oh good. Glad you posted this for all of us. Wow - that's a lot of chai mix - 14 cups! I think I'll have to cut the recipe in like a 4th or something. I gotta try it out before I commit :) to that many cups! hehhe.

Barefoot Mama said...

Yay, Chai! Do you remember me making that huge pot of Chai when I was at your house for Christmas that year? Well I guess I left the recipe in Niger cause I haven't been able to find it since then. I'll have to try out your recipe!

Dusty Penguin said...

Icould use some right now! I think I'd put the pepper in. I like the peppery taste of chai.