(The photo is not mine...I got it off the internet!)
Chai Tea Mix (Makes 18-20 cups)
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 cups French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
- 5 cups white sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp finely ground white pepper (optional. I never put this in)
In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
To serve: Stir 2 heaping Tablespoons Chai Tea mix into mug of hot water.
The most difficult part of the recipe is finding unsweeted ice tea mix that doesn't have lemon flavor in it. I have found one store in our area that has this kind of mix!
Enjoy. It's the ultimate comfort drink on a cold night!