Monday, August 10, 2009

Our 23rd Anniversary

Today we drove up to Conklin, NY, which is only about an hour north of here. It was a drizzly, foggy morning, but the scenery is beautiful under any weather conditions. We visited Little White Church and John spoke briefly during the missionary moments. This is the "new" church. I was baptized in the "old" church in 1972 and John and I were married in this church in 1986 on August 16. So today was just one week short of our anniversary. Here we are today and here we are 23 years ago. I thank God for the good and godly man he has given me. My friend, Christine, recently made a remark about a cake she and her daughter had made. She said it didn't turn out like they had expected, but it was still good...rather like marriage. Isn't that true??? No, it hasn't been a fairy tale and sometimes we've hurt each other and not understood each other. But we've worked through things and though maybe not exactly what we expected, it has still been very good!

We leave Thursday for a two-month long road trip. I will post blogs when I can, but it may not be weekly.

5 comments:

Esther Garvi said...

Congratulations!! My dad always used to say to me, "It's the history that counts", all those years spent together. They're priceless!

Liz said...

Hello, Nancy,

I don't know if you remember me -I was in your sister Natalie's class at KA for a few years. I was at my parents (Jacksons) in Jersey Shore a looooong time ago when you guys came for dinner.

I live in New York state now - near Binghamton. If you are an hour south of Conklin you must be close - where do you live? Email me if you don't want to post it here. kadangaree at hotmail.com.

Katie Barker said...

Hi Nancy,
when will you guys be in the Chicago area? We would still love to have you over if possible.

Beka said...

we are still missing you! but i must say i think kay and tom are finding andi and joe more satisfactory playmates. they are getting down and dirty together! travel safely!

Lauren said...

I liked looking at your wedding photo. That's how I still picture you!