Saturday, April 18, 2009

Resurrection Sunday


"Il est ressucite! Il vit!" "He is risen! He's alive!" Aren't those the most joyous words of the year???!!!!! That is what makes life worth living. My Jesus is alive. He's both with me and in heaven preparing a place for me. My sins are forgiven. I've been redeemed from the slavery of sin. That's what the day is all about!

So, what better place to celebrate Easter than at church, right? We didn't have a sunrise service as such. But we went to church at 7:30. The choir was inside singing and you could go in and listen to them or stay outside and socialize.

After a bit there was a breakfast served. It was a ground-beef sandwich which is really hard to describe, but very delicious. It's nothing like a hamburger. Maybe more like a sloppy joe but without all the tomato sauce. That makes it sound dry, but trust me they are very good. We also had coffee or tea with lots of milk and sugar in it. These children are all from CSEN and are all so cute! Little MoMo is "my baby". He sits on my lap every Sunday and takes his morning nap. He's a real cuddler.

After the breakfast came the baptism. There were a good number of people baptized, including one of our missionary kids. By the way, baptisms always make me get all teary-eyed. I guess it's for the joy of seeing a person take the step of publicly declaring that they are going to follow Jesus. John had the privilege of baptizing this friend of ours.

After each person was baptized, the choir led us in a song of joy and praise.

The kids had front-row "seats"!
After the baptism, we went in to the building for our regular church service and communion. The youth group got up and did a special number. They had a song on a CD and they had correographed it and were doing some traditional African dancing with it. One old lady....the grandma of the church who I thought was too frail to do this kind of thing....got up and was dancing down the aisles with them. Everybody started clapping and laughing. The youth group was good, but she was just worshiping God with her heart. Today I was reading about blind Bartimaeus and Zaccheus. They didn't care much about what people thought of them. Bartimaeus was yelling out for Jesus even though everybody else was embarassed and trying to get him to shut up. Zaccheus climbed in a tree even though that was a little boy thing to do. May I worship God like this old lady, Bartimaeus, and Zaccheus not caring what people around me think!

After church, we had Easter dinner with our neighbors, the Rideouts and other friends. Here is Suzanne with two of the three Rideout children. How do you like her gorgeous tan?

Beka made these beautiful cream puffs for dessert.

And then the youngest Rideout dressed up like a bunny. He's so cute. Later this week he came over dressed up like a bear. I made the mistake of calling him a mouse. Woops. He comes to the office with his mom, so one day I showed him bear pictures from the internet on my computer. Now he wants to look at bear pictures all the time. He's pretty hard to resist, too.

And that was our Resurrection Sunday.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like Suzanne really did enjoy her time at the beach! :)

Maxwell Family said...

I always enjoy what you share. Thanks you