Friday, July 04, 2008

A House Party

For our vacation this year, we are house-sitting for an American Embassy family. In exchange for taking care of their cats, we get:
a fully air-conditioned house, 24/7
a swimming pool in the back yard
a generator that comes on when the power goes off (which it's been doing a lot lately)
American TV shows on ArmedForcesNetwork

Pretty good, deal, eh???? I can change the kitty litter box for that.
Luke Ardill was passing through Niamey. He and Suz were cold! It's not unusual to find one of us under a blanket! It's amazing how much more energy you have when you're not hot all the time.

John chilling with an atlas. The cat is keeping him company.


Suz and Ben Stam playing Wii. Or however you spell it.


Suz and Jess chilling in the pool. That's the life.


Because we are on vacation, we decided (o.k......I decided) that everybody should help make meals. So John and Suz are taking turns with me which means each of us only cooks every 3rd night. Then on Friday night we go out. This restaurant is a boat on the bank of the river. You can even hire it when the river is high to go on a 3-hour cruise/dinner. It's a bit expensive, though, to do that. Just to sit there and eat is very reasonable. The food was good, but John said it wasn't enough. God treated us to a spectacular sunset that night, too.



OK, next time I'm going to tell you about my work since you think I do nothing but PARTY!!

4 comments:

Dusty Penguin said...

I'm so glad you're having a nice time housesitting. Enjoy all the amenities while you can! Looks like a beautiful place to eat. Do any of the kids over there have the game Guitar Hero? While the music choices on the game aren't the greatest for Christian kids, the game is so much fun. (My nephew Ethan brings his over sometimes). I wish they'd make a Christian version!

Hannatu said...

No, is that the one where you step on certain places on a mat and learn to dance?

Dusty Penguin said...

No, you have a fake guitar and as the notes come up on the screen you hit the corresponding colored button and the real band is playing at the same time. If you make too many mistakes you get boo'd, etc. Lots of fun. It's not like playing a real guitar, so guitar ability is no real help. You can also play it with a game controller. That floor mat thing looks like a lot of fun and great exercise.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com