Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Birthday Party (or Two)

May 7 was my birthday. The 7th was a Wednesday and we were just two busy on Wednesday and Thursday to celebrate. On Friday we went out for supper to my favorite restaurant and then at home we had cake and ice cream and I opened my gifts. One of my favorite gifts was this batik which is a map of Niger with giraffes around the edge. I love the blue, which is one of my favorite colors. It will take a really big wall to hang it on, though!


Suzanne's birthday was on May 22. We took her out to another one of our favorite restaurants and gave her her gifts there.

Then on the 23rd, we had the entire 10th, 11th, and 12th graders over to our house so that she and Rufus, whose birthday is on the 23rd, could celebrate together. She turned 17. Not sure about Rufus....maybe 16. I think 18 kids showed up. I love that the high school is small enough that the kids all know each other well and they tend to do things in big groups. They are so easy to entertain, too. Give them some food and a place to hang out and they're happy. We are truly blessed.


Some of the girls found this shirt for Rufus in the market. Suzanne has a really funny picture on her camera with all the girls crowding around him. I wish I had a copy of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shirt is hilarious!

Happy belated birthday Nancy!!!

Katie Barker said...

oooh. I like your new batik as well - Beautiful! Happy late b-day. So glad it was a joyous celebration. - btw we are moving from Baltimore to Chicago. so if you ever need a nights stay up there let me know! :)I would love to spend more time with you someday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Barfday to you both!!

Dusty Penguin said...

That is really an outstanding batik--very unusual. Glad everyone had good birthday celebrations. BTW, I had "the" dream again. I thought seeing detailed pictures of your house would banish it forever. But I still have it in vivid detail. The last time D&S were about 4&2--makes me wonder if I've put together seeing you in Nigeria with some place I've been. It's sure crazy.

Hannatu said...

So is the dream house still the same or did it change when we moved?

Dusty Penguin said...

Dream house is always annoyingly the same--no matter how many pictures I see and how closely I study them. It's amazing how detailed the dream is.