Monday, August 27, 2007

Day Five










On the fifth day, Mom, Dad, Natalie, and I continued on our way to CO.

Kansas was, well, boring....and took hours. Most of the day was in Kansas. The most exciting thing was when we stopped at a rest hour and saw a man proposing to his sweetheart. They

then came over and asked us to take a picture of them.

So, here we have Kansas. Lots of fields, lots of grain storage elevators. But it was more hilly than I expected. We pretty much stuck to Rt. 40, instead of Rt. 70.











































We finally arrived in CO. We went directly to our friend's house, Jim and Kay Koch. Jim Koch was the principal of the high school I attended in Denver. I used to babysit his kids. He and his wife live in a beautiful house. They have done a fantastic job landscaping the back yard. Here is Mom. We got a kick out of their dog drinking from the little waterfall. Kay had set a beautiful table in the backyard and served a delicious meal. Their backyard could easily be featured in Better Homes and Gardens or Good Housekeeping.

After a good evening of fellowship, we went to our hotel. The Kochs would have had us stay with them but their basement guest books were damaged by water (a flood?).

I don't know why, but my posts publish a lot different than they look in the preview. I'm not used to the computer I'm working on, so I don't know if it's me, Blogger, or the computer!

1 comment:

growingingrace said...

It sounds like you are really seeing the world on your trip. It is always good to reconnect with family when you have been away. Daniel isn't very far away from the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY (just outside of Cincinnati). If he would ever like to visit, I have four reusable visitor passes, I would be glad to mail to him.

I have really appreciated the encouragement you gave on my blog. I hope that it can be an encouragement to others.

I will be praying for your safety in your travels. Looking forward to your updates. We will be traveling to NY for Labor Day weekend and to Albuquerque NM for the Balloon Fest in the beginning of Oct. I will have lots of pictures to share then.