Monday, July 23, 2007

Family Picnic





It was a beautiful day for a picnic. Not too hot, not too cold. A brilliant blue sky and white fluffy clouds. No rain.
















Dad was the master of the grill. Mom supervised. They cooked hamburgers, sausages, and hot dogs. We also had chips, baked beans, potato salad, and cake and "dirt" for dessert....everything you should have at a picnic.







My cousin, Julie, and her husband, Gene, came. Julie is my age and they already have an empty nest! She does NOT look like a grandmother, but she is! We always had so much fun together as kids. It was fun to see her again.
















This is my cousin, Jeff, Julie's brother. I have some great memories of things he and Julie and Dean, Natalie, and I did together. His wife was not able to come, but he did bring two of his daughters and his son-in-law. He is a 5th grade teacher/track and cross-country coach.








My Uncle Dave and Aunt Gerry also came. Here they are with my mom. He brought his bagpipes along and played for us. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that because Suzanne and Daniel had left for a different party by then and had taken the camera with them.





Enjoying the food and good conversation.






If only we could do this more often!





















2 comments:

Dusty Penguin said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't come again. But with car trouble and the realtor coming on Saturday, I needed to stay home this weekend. Erika worked till closing both Friday and Saturday nights (2:30 a.m.). So everyone was pretty exhausted this weekend. It sounds like a really nice time, and I regret not seeing everyone. I'm so glad we had a nice visit the weekend before.

journeyer said...

Love the blue sky picture. Nice work. I am so glad that you guys are getting to have your needed break - soak up all the dewy mornings and cool breezes...