Thursday, January 18, 2007

See you in February

We've been in Niamey two weeks this time, so I've posted lots of blogs. Every one was about the weeks the kids were home for their Christmas holidays. I wanted to do one about conference, but I'll wait until next time I'm in town. That will be February 19, so make sure you check my blog during the week of February 19 - 24. I wish I could post once a week or so. Going without posting for so long probably means that a lot of people forget to check my blog.

You may wonder why I have a picture of Jeremy up here. Well, the dreadlocks had to go. We found out that some of the Nigerien Christians were offended by them. We talked to Jeremy about it and he very willingly and humbly agreed to take them out. We thought we'd have to cut his hair down to a buzz, but he got them out without any major problems. For a humorous account of the whole affair, check out his blog at http://jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com. He probably will want a haircut soon, especially as it will warm up again in February. There's nothing worse than having lots of hair and then sweating profusely.

Well, I'll be back in February! In the meantime have a great Valentine's Day! Which will go by totally unnoticed and unheard of here in Niger. Sometimes it's refreshing to get away from the materialistic aspects of holidays created by the card and candy companies!



3 comments:

mymeanderings said...

Oh, No! After all that work?!!!

Georgene said...

So glad I stopped by for a visit. It was nice to catch up on your posts. I'll check back again in Feb. :-)

Gypsy said...

hey aunt nance, it's me, check out www.gitanalesha.blogspot.com