Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Do I Complain THAT Much?

God has been speaking to me ever since yesterday morning when I read Philippians 2:14. I tend to think, "I don't complain THAT much." So I decided to think over the weekend and through today and take a little inventory. Here are some thoughts I remember thinking and some were even voiced rather vocally.....

It's too cold.
When is it going to stop raining?
Why is there so much traffic?
Why did everybody come to Walmart on the day I decided to come?
Who left that cart in the parking spot I was aiming for?
Why did you bump into me with your cart? Who do you think you are? Why don't they make these aisles wider?
Why did these people bring all these screaming kids to Walmart with them?
I don't know this song. I'd rather sing ones I know.
Why does it have to rain on the night we host the youth group?
Quit driving so slow! You don't have to use your brakes that much!
We have to have the exercise class in the lap pool? It's cold in there! It's too crowded in this pool!
Why didn't Suzanne's school send home a note that we owe money for her lost text book?
I hate these catepillars! They are everywhere. I can't even stand to eat out on the deck. You can hear them chewing the leaves. How gross is that?

etc. You get the idea. Yes, I really need to work on this!


2 comments:

mymeanderings said...

Why does their year here have to fly by sooooooo fast..I want them here longer!!

journeyer said...

Wow Nancy, thanks for the transperancy! And the challenge. I'm pretty sure that I need to work on reducing my excessive amount of complaints.